We have set out this information sheet for anything you will need to know for your arrival and during your stay.
Please ring the doorbell on the Reception door or telephone us when you are here. We will meet you in the courtyard and show you where to park and where your cottage is situated.
The cottage will already be unlocked and we will have hung the keys up inside on the key rack for you.
Arrival time is from 4pm.
WELCOME PACKS / WHAT WE PROVIDE FOR YOU IN OUR COTTAGES
Our Welcome Packs will include:
- Bottle of Wine, Milk and Luxury Biscuits.
- Kitchen Cleaning Pack containing - Disposable checked cloth, bin liner, washing up sponge scourer, 20ml Claro washing up liquid. A pack of 3 Claro all-in-1 dishwasher tablets will be provided in cottages with dishwashers (Turnip House, Milking Parlour, Barley Store, Engine House & Eighteen Byre).
We also provide:
- A tea towel and oven glove.
- 2 x Disposable cleaning cloths, kitchen cleaning spray and bathroom cleaning spray.
- A hand wash, bath mat and 2 x toilet rolls per bathroom. A hand wash and 2 x toilet rolls in downstairs WC’s.
Please bring any additional cleaning products, and any extra bin liners, washing up liquid / dishwasher tablets and cleaning cloths that you may need.
COTTAGE KITCHEN EQUIPMENT
As we wash all of our cottages kitchen equipment between guests (even if it is clean) we have reduced the quantity of some kitchen items - small wine glasses, toast racks, butter dishes, cafetieres, water jugs and stock pots have been removed. These items we feel are the least used anyway so they won’t necessary be missed. However, if you require any of these items during your stay please ask.
COTTAGES WITH USE OF COMMUNAL GARDEN -
1 - Turnip House, 3 - Eight Byre, 4 - Milking Parlour
There is a designated numbered picnic bench per cottage. Please only use the one allocated to your cottage.
Only essential maintenance, if required, will be undertaken during your stay.
Hand sanitiser, disinfectant spray & disposable paper towels are provided.
Games / Information Room
Hand sanitiser is provided.
WASTE DISPOSAL - REFUSE & RECYCLING
Currently situated in the lower main courtyard.
The General Refuse bins are for household black bag waste only.
Please use our recycling binsfor: glass, tins, plastics (comingled bins) and paper/cardboard (brown bin). Each bin is also labelled.
General refuse bins are emptied Fridays Weekly.
Comingled bins are emptied Wednesdays Fortnightly.
Paper & Card bin is emptied Friday Fortnightly.
On departure we ask that you:
- Please leave all windows open on the latch (unless it is very windy / raining).
- Please empty all bins including bathroom ones, and put all your rubbish bags in the outside refuse bins.
- Please leave the cottage keys on the key rack.
- Departure time is no later than 10am.
ADDITIONAL CLEANING PROCEDURES
All our cottages are fully sanitised before each let and additional cleaning procedures are in place. This means that cleaning our cottages takes longer than usual.
To assist us with our cleaning, we politely ask that where possible you maintain the cleanliness of the property during your stay.
Any further information you may require during your stay will be in the blue folder situated in the cottage living room.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
We are more than happy to try and assist with any guest requirements, and we look forward to welcoming you to Dickinson Place soon.
James & Teresa Williamson
Dickinson Place Cottages & Caravan Park