We have been advised to remove as much as possible from our cottages to reduce the risk of touch contamination, some things may be missing or are now being kept to a minimum. Hairdryers, decorative cushions and throws on beds, all books and games have been removed. Ornaments and decorative cushions on sofas are being kept to a minimum. We are also required to re-wash every item of kitchen equipment between guests, even if it is clean, so we have also reduced the quantity of some kitchen equipment - small wine glasses, toast racks, butter dishes, cafetieres, water jugs and stock pots have been removed too. These items we feel are the least used anyway so they won’t necessary be missed. However, if you require any of these items during your stay please ask.
Please ring the doorbell on the Reception door or telephone us when you are here. We will meet you in the courtyard and show you where to park and where your cottage is situated.
The cottage will already be unlocked and we will have hung the keys up inside on the key rack for you. All keys are fully sanitised.
Arrival time is from 4pm.
WELCOME PACKS / WHAT WE PROVIDE FOR YOU IN OUR COTTAGES
Our Welcome Packs will include:
- Bottle of Wine, Milk and Luxury Biscuits.
- Kitchen Cleaning Pack containing - Disposable checked cloth, bin liner, washing up sponge scourer, 20ml Claro washing up liquid. A pack of 3 Claro all-in-1 dishwasher tablets will be provided in cottages with dishwashers (Milking Parlour, Barley Store, Engine House & Eighteen Byre).
We also provide:
- A tea towel and oven glove.
- 2 x Disposable cleaning cloths, kitchen cleaning spray and bathroom cleaning spray.
- A hand wash, bath mat and 2 x toilet rolls per bathroom. A hand wash and 2 x toilet rolls in downstairs WC’s.
Please bring your own hand sanitiser, any additional cleaning products, and any extra bin liners, washing up liquid / dishwasher tablets and cleaning cloths that you may need.
Please bring your own towels. However, towels are still available for hire on request.
COTTAGES WITH USE OF COMMUNAL GARDEN -
1 - Turnip House, 3 - Eight Byre, 4 - Milking Parlour
There is a designated numbered picnic bench per cottage. Please only use the one allocated to your cottage.
- You should not travel to us if you, or anyone in your household, have COVID-19 symptoms.
- All Goverment imposed rules and restrictions must be adhered to at all times.
- Please do not allow children to roam unsupervised around our park so that they do not, albeit inadvertently, break the social distancing rules.
We politely ask that you do not entertain or invite visitors to our cottages at this current time.
Laundry Room - Opening times:
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 5pm
(We may need to close the laundry room during opening hours for cleaning)
There will hand sanitiser and disinfectant cleaning wipes (or disinfectant spray & disposable paper towels) for you to use.
You must wipe down the washer and dryer before and after you use them.
The door must remain open during opening hours for ventilation reasons.
One person (or 2 if from same household / support bubble) allowed in at any one time.
We will be checking and will clean the laundry room throughout opening times.
Games / Information Room - CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
WASTE DISPOSAL - REFUSE & RECYCLING
Currently situated in the lower main courtyard. Please use your hand sanitiser before and after touching the bin lids.
The General Refuse bins are for household black bag waste only.
Please use our recycling bins for: glass, tins, plastics (comingled bins) and paper/cardboard (brown bin). Each bin is also labelled.
General refuse bins are emptied Fridays Weekly.
Comingled bins are emptied Wednesdays Fortnightly.
Paper & Card bin is emptied Friday Fortnightly.
On departure we ask that you:
- Please leave all windows open on the latch (unless it is very windy / raining).
- Please place duvet covers, sheets, pillowcases, towels (if provided), bathmats, oven glove and tea towel in the clear plastic laundry bags provided.
- Please empty all bins including bathroom ones, and put all your rubbish bags in the outside refuse bins.
- Departure time is no later than 10am.
ADDITIONAL CLEANING PROCEDURES
To give you peace of mind all our cottages and outdoor furniture will be fully sanitised before each let and additional cleaning procedures have been put in place. This means that cleaning our cottages will take longer than usual, so where we can we are letting some of our cottages out on a rotation system.
We have also invested in a Disinfectant Fogging Machine - these are widely used within hospitals and care homes as well as throughout the hospitality industry and other large sector workplaces. The disinfectant product used in the machine destroys 99.999% of pathogens, including bacteria and viruses without the aid of chemicals. Instead, it uses hypochlorous acid (HOCI) – a naturally occurring element in our bodies, making this product non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-alcoholic, and a non-irritant.It is compliant with British Standards & European Norms BSEN 14476, 14204, 1276, 13704, 13697 & 1656.
* Human and environment safe
* No added chemicals
* 100% Natural
* Product evaporates within minutes of use
To assist us with our additional cleaning procedures, we politely ask that where possible you maintain the cleanliness of the property during your stay.
We ask that all our guests please follow any Government imposed guidelines while staying here.